SEO is an excellent investment for any e-commerce website. When performed correctly, it results in a website that more effectively engages users. In turn, more relevant traffic is generated, conversion rates are boosted and revenues increase. SEO is one of the most effective ways to direct users along the sales funnel. Even if you’re already familiar with the basics of SEO, it’s crucial to understand the special considerations that are required when applying these techniques to an e-commerce website.
Keep the following points in mind to make the most of the SEO techniques that you apply to your e-commerce site:
1. Design your e-commerce site with SEO in mind.
2. Treat product category pages like mini homepages.
3. Use search engine-friendly URLs.
4. Develop highly effective product pages and descriptions.
5. Develop exceptional internal link structure and site architecture.
6. Make your e-commerce site mobile friendly.
To read more in-depth details regarding SEO best practices, please click here for the full article featured on eMC!