How would you answer these true or false questions?
- I read at least 10 books a year.
- I make new friends easily.
- Most of my friends are scientists.
- When I was little, I often thought about leaving home.
- I often fantasize about being famous.
- My parents often praised my accomplishments.
Your next job or promotion might depend on your answers.
These are typical questions of a rising trend in the hiring process — personality assessments.
Many companies want to pinpoint the exact personality type that will reduce turnover and produce consistent, positive results.
Personality tests aren’t new. Carl Jung, one of the most prominent psychologists of the 20th century, assigned people one of 16 different personality types.
But then Katherine Briggs and her daughter Isabel Myers — two housewives who didn’t have any formal training in psychology — used Jung’s theory to create what has become the most widely used personality test in history, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, or MBTI.
Click here to read the full article!