The best customer support portals are more than just web interfaces between a company and its customers. They are collaboration hubs, empowering a vendor to host its partners and clients to share ideas, come up with new strategies and innovate as a community.
Customer support agents can spend less time answering routine customer cases, and act as community managers to ensure:
- Knowledge base articles are accurate, current and indexed/tagged for discoverability
- News feeds are up to date with current news about product enhancements, security patches and bug fixes
- Customers are aligned with resources for training, support, design and/or development as needed
- Content is pushed out to customers and prospects via newsletters and social media
- Website visitors can engage with customer service through live text chat on their desktop or mobile device of choice
Many companies are looking for omni-channel approach to customer service utilizing one of the many channels available, such as:
- Email marketing tools
- SMS messages
- Online ticketing
- Live chat
- Phone calls
Click here to read full article on CMS Critic!