MSR Communications is an award-winning San Francisco-based public relations firm specializing in providing communications management to technology, B2B and consumer lifestyle companies. We seek a results-driven, media savvy Account Executive to join our B2B and B2B2C PR team. This is a terrific career opportunity for an individual who is interested in collaborating with both team members and clients to generate positive visibility for our clients’ products/technologies/services with top tier media and analyst firms. Candidates must be detail-oriented and have solid pitching experience with demonstrable examples of relationships with top-tier media in technology, business, and vertical outlets, including bloggers, reporters, and podcasters. Strong written and verbal communications; research skills; and the ability to create new influential relationships are required.
Due to the pandemic, this is currently a full-time, remote role. MSR’s office located in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District neighborhood, next to BART with Muni lines connecting you to the greater city. We foster a creative, close-knit team environment with excellent benefits, 401K program, summer Fridays, and more.
Account Executive Responsibilities:
- Acts as a day-to-day contact for clients
- Develop, write and edit PR content including pitches, press releases, case studies, contributed, byline articles and more
- Establish close working relationships on behalf of clients with top and second-tier media and analysts
- Develop and execute proactive editorial outreach programs, primarily with top and second-tier outlets in technology, business, national dailies, verticals, online/blogs, podcasts
- Aggressively pursue proactive and reactive editorial opportunities
- Work with senior team members to assist in the development and planning of account strategy and tactics for clients
- Manage the planning and execution of program deliverables including announcements, content creation and all activities
- Oversee reporting of account activities to the client
- Ensure activity reports, status reports and call recaps are completed accurately and on time
- Oversee the development of briefing books and other support content for all activities
- Keeps account manager or account director apprised of the status of projects and any existing or potential challenges.
- Educates themselves and keeps abreast of clients, technologies, vertical markets and industry trends
- Serves as onsite agency representative at tradeshows, user conferences, press/analyst tours, etc.
- Draft PR plans as needed
- Participate in strategy-focused client meetings
- This position is an entry-level direct management position whereby the AE may have the opportunity to manage an intern and/or account coordinator.
- Help to support new business pitches as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, Liberal Arts, business or related field
- Excellent organizational, communications (written and verbal) and time management skills.
- Excellent project and people management skills.
- 3+ years of public relations, communications or related professional experience.
- Provide examples of written pitches and secured media coverage. Contributed article examples are a plus.
- Employer and media references
Please submit your resume to email@example.com