MSR Communications is seeking a dynamic Office Coordinator/Marketing Assistant. Named one of the top boutique PR firms in the nation, MSR specializes in providing communications management services to emerging-growth technology and consumer lifestyle clients. If you are an outgoing, detail-and task-oriented customer service professional who wants to be a part of an exciting, growing company, we’d like to speak with you.
In this key role, you will have responsibility for representing MSR Communications to all those who call and helping support and market the firm. You will have an opportunity to learn the exciting business of PR from the ground up while managing its social presence online and via social media channels, assisting with communication for the firm and its clients. You will also be responsible for assisting MSR’s Principal with all marketing of the firm to new business prospects and clients, including helping research and prospect; creating content and managing the company website to support new business efforts. An incentive program for additional compensation is possible for new business secured by this individual.
This is a part-time position up to 20 hours per week. This is currently a remote role with potential for hybrid work depending on needs. MSR’s office located in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District neighborhood, next to BART with Muni lines connecting you to the greater city.
The successful candidate should have:
- At least 2 years of front office experience preferably in a public relations agency or similar role
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with a strong understanding of customer services industry
- Self-starter and team player who can demonstrate initiative and flexibility with enthusiasm
- Professional appearance and manner; excellent business acumen
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills to balance multiple projects and demands
- Research experience using the Internet and databases to research prospects; clients and competitors; and new opportunities for clients such as speaking engagements; editorial calendars; and editorial and analyst contacts, etc.
- Creative skills to develop new business presentations, update company website, blog and other marketing collateral to support new business meetings/efforts
- Manage MSR’s social media channels to further market the firm and measure client programs
- Manage company website; provide regular updates to and liaise with web designers; and ensure SEO
- Assist with client status and clip reports
- Manage office needs including agency Principal, meetings, telephone; liaise with tech support and other office vendors as necessary
- Assist with employee communication, company activities, birthdays and anniversaries, and vacation tracking
- Manage internship program including recruitment and coordination
- Education: College degree or equivalent
- Experienced user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Photoshop and latest software and social media tools; knowledge of WordPress and other Office applications–a must
- Public relations agency or corporate experience
- Experience working with Meltwater, Cision, PR Newswire, or other media databases
- Familiarity with social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and social media management tools such as Hootsuite and Buffer
- Takes initiative, efficient and resourceful in day-to-day office management and new business development
- A strong work ethic, flexible and sense of humor
- Creative, innovative marketing ideas
- Computer literate and Internet savvy including with social media and marketing
- Strong professional references
Please submit your resume to email@example.com