MSR Communications is seeking a media savvy Associate Account Executive to join our team. This individual must be results-oriented and enjoy working closely with the media to keep clients top of mind. Strong written, verbal communication and research skills are a must! The MSR Team has had an extraordinary year garnering 7 industry awards from MarCom, Hermes Creative and LACP. We’re looking for a creative mind who knows how to build and work a media list as well as draft compelling pitches and content such as press releases and blogs.
Our boutique agency is located in the heart of San Francisco’s Jackson Square neighborhood, next to the Embarcadero Center and BART with many Muni lines connecting you to the greater city. We foster a creative team environment with excellent benefits, including WFH Fridays, summer Fridays, monthly team celebrations, a week off between Christmas and New Year’s, and a Bernese Mountain puppy in our office.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ agency experience working with consumer and/or enterprise tech clients
- Media relationships with examples of recent placements
- Skills to become a pitching rockstar
- Expertise building and working a solid media list that produces results
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Excellent oral communication skills and ability to present ideas to the team and to clients (as necessary)
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to draft compelling pitches and content such as press releases and blogs
- A team player and self-starter with a high level of energy and creativity
- References required
- A bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications, Liberal Arts or related field is preferred
- Bonus points if you have been involved in developing and executing influencer marketing, graphics, and social media campaigns
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Act as primary liaison to media for respective clients
- Proactively contact media to keep clients top-of-mind; demonstrate leadership within industry, trends and issues
- Facilitate interviews with executive spokespeople; prepare briefing materials, monitor/note all interviews and conduct follow-up where necessary
- Work closely with MSR team members and clients to develop creative, strategic ideas with which to approach influencer communities
- Create written content including press releases, abstract pitch development; blogs and other written content
- Develop and execute social activities such as community engagement, curation and posting
- Provide clients with monthly reports that detail project status, results and significant developments
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.